I’ve used wax strips before that can be bought in department stores/drug stores, but it makes my underarms dark. So I switched to Queen Bee hair removal wax, and it works great. Also, the ingredients are all natural. I’ve read the ingredients and all of it can be found locally. So I thought why not make my own? I googled the right measurement of the ingredients made one for myself. It was really a trial and error process.
Unfortunately, I am one of those who have dark underarms, maybe because of shaving. But I’ve been using my DIY hair removal wax for a year now (but if i’m too lazy to make my own, I still use the Queen Bee wax) and I’ve noticed that my underarms became lighter compared before.
- In a microwavable safe container, mix the honey, sugar and lemon together and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You can use lemon concentrate if you don’t have real lemons on hand, or you can use calamansi.
- Stir the mixture and put it in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. You can also heat the wax in a saucepan over the stove with a low heat.
- Be careful when taking the mixture out of the microwave since it will be hot. Let it cool down until the temperature is comfortable enough to place on your skin without burning. I let mine cool for about 20 minutes before attempting to test it on my skin and the consistency was exactly like thick honey.
- You will need strips of fabric to place on the the wax to rip it off so use old t-shirts, cotton muslins or even sanitary liner pads.
- Apply a thin layer of the wax onto your desired area in the same direction as the hair growth and immediately apply your strip of fabric to the area. Press down on the fabric and over the wax to make sure it’s bonded. Gently pull your skin taut and pull off the fabric in a quick motion, opposite the direction of the hair growth.
- Since the wax is a sugar mixture, clean up is easy with some water and soap. Cover the lid of the container with the wax and store it in your refrigerator. To reuse the wax, either microwave or run hot water over the container until the wax becomes pliable.
And et voila! You’ll have a smooth and hairless underarms.
I really hope you find this post informative. Please do share your thoughts in the comments below. I’m sure your thoughts and suggestions will be a great help to others.
Have a good day! 🙂